BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Center Infrastructure Project Manager (Senior Specialist Network Engineer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The DCS team is responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all server hardware/devices.
The Data Center Services team is responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all server hardware/devices. Specifically, the Data Center Project Manager will be responsible for oversight for all of the Data Center infrastructure related projects from initiation to delivery. Day to day responsibilities include coordinating work performed by DCS staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, planning data center space requirements, obtaining customer cabling requirements, and designing structured cable performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. This individual will provide excellent customer service and report progress regularly. The work environment is fast paced and deadline-oriented where adaptability is key to our success as a team, thus having depth knowledge of working large-scale data center environments is necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Automating processes and create status reports in the projects as need. Report the progress to management and stakeholders regularly.
- Manage Structured Cabling Project from planning phase to closeout including operations and maintenance. Oversee Data Center space planning, infrastructure (cabling), migration, relocation, and consolidation.
- Manage and delivery small to mid-size projects from various internal customers of competing priorities and work them through to an effective resolution
- Responsibility for Operations and Infrastructure – specific to servers, storage, data centers and associated network connections when multiple facilities are involved.
- Responsibility for HP and Cisco standalone servers, enclosures and blades, as well as related hardware installations/repairs, configurations, troubleshooting (Intel/Linux/Network/Mainframe), upgrades (firmware) and optimization.
- Designing data center floor space, to include server and network placements as well as rack and Network infrastructure builds, augments, future growth planning.
Sr. Specialist Network Engineer->> Leads in the research, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has a comprehensive understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of moderately complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works with other IT staff and vendor representatives on projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of experience working as a project manager (PM) within a data center department.
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of experience in cabling infrastructure, server installations and supporting new hardware is preferred.
- A PMP Certification is preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Internal Jobcode: 45171
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801153