BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Manager - Analyst IV
The Governance Team role will be accountable for assisting in the development, implementation, and support of the new BNYM Finance Reporting Governance Process. Development of this new process will include the review of current standard financial reporting, both internal and external, in unison with the metadata structure, and the main finance systems of PeopleSoft, MAQ, HFM, and DRM.
− The incumbent will work with various finance teams, as well as other teams outside of finance, which are involved in and / or utilize financial reporting by providing advice and counsel services to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the reporting processes within BNYM. These services include:
· acting as a liaison between various groups and the governance teams to work to understand any requests for changes to the reporting processes and / or systems to ensure they are consistent with our reporting guidelines
· assisting in the rationalization and / or streamlining of financial data to improve analytics or system performance
· establishing a working plan for future state reporting that will strategically map out areas for improvement or change
· acting as a conduit for reviewing and creating reporting guidelines and controls at the outset of establishing any new or changing financial process
− The incumbent will also assist in testing and monitoring the reporting results of BNYM financial information to ensure that the information is accurate and the metadata / data is flowing through the systems / processes as expected. (The metadata includes thousands of accounts, management units, and reporting algorithms, so this is a significant effort). Testing / monitoring will involve:
· reconciling reports to show that various systems are in sync at all levels of financial reporting
· assisting in establishing systemic / internal controls that prevent accounting irregularities / errors
· discovering ways to decrease manual processes and intervention
· discussing, with financial team members, areas of concerns and challenges in current reporting to establish remediation plans
· reviewing the results of changes to the established metadata infrastructure and reporting
− While working closely with new governance teams, the incumbent will also assist in providing training material and documentation for new governance processes, systems and / or procedures. Training will include establishing working forums for the Finance organization to stimulate new ideas or best of class ideas for implementation. To encourage participation and knowledge transfer of the governance reporting procedures and guidelines he / she will assist in the formation of simple informative communication streams.
Skill set :
- Basic reporting skill, understand fin statements,
- General ledgers, recon to fin sys and MAQ
- How you report
- Analyst -
QualificationsCA or ICWA or MBA
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Internal Jobcode: 53774
Requisition Number: 1801174