BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
EMEA IT Operations, Specialist Infrastructure Ops Analyst
Job Purpose / Responsibilities:
Technical specialist designs, develops, implements and provide support for software in a dynamic multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and business objectives, whilst taking a sustainable approach. Thought leadership for technical problems, performance and capacity monitoring, while reviewing and analyzing product migrations through all system environments. Reviews and develops contingency documentation and processes.
• To concisely report on work in progress, including fault resolution and problem management life cycle.
• Create detailed documentation of processes and infrastructure.
• Work with technology piers, lines of business and external consultants in order to recommend and implement the best practice technology and processes.
• Can handle multiple concurrent issues, able to prioritise and resolve in accordance with best practice.
• Help support 24/7 products and services, and react to live problems with the highest priority.
• Ensure hand over of work, documentation, and product ownership takes place efficiently and completely.
• Continuously striving to improve services/processes.
• Proactive in addressing technical issues or communicating them to piers or management as required.
• Motivates and encourage others in improving knowledge and achieve best solutions.
• Provide technical expertise to others in and outside the department.
• Prepared to work outside of normal hours as required to resolve problems and ensure objective are achieved.
• Able to produce clear and accurate documents for users and operational areas.
• Keep abreast with the latest technology in their chosen filed(s) and be able to apply/recommend them.
• Troubleshoot issues that occur and automation of responses to reoccurring problems.
• An exposure to designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
• An aptitude for technology; gained through either practical experience or university studies – ideally in a STEM degree program
• Desire to pursue a career in technology
The successful candidate will gain a greater understanding of the following frameworks and technologies:
• Microsoft Windows Operating System and interaction with application services.
• SQL Databases.
• Unisys LINC Mainframe.
• HP Operations Manager.
• SMA OpCon XPS Scheduler.
• EMC Storage
• Code and scripting (PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, Python).
• Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, DHCP, and DNS).
• Project management (Prince2).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60142
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801231