BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer - Email and SMTP Communications
WE ARE BNY MELLON! BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of June 30, 2014, BNY Mellon had $28.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com or, follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This next generation infrastructure needs to be tied to building several internal SaaS offerings such as Fax as a service, reporting as a service, file transfer as service etc. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
The TSG Electronic Communications team provides electronic-mail and unified communications solutions for the global corporate environment supporting 60,000 people and 15,000 mobile devices.
We are seeking a candidate that can assess and deliver the standards, tools, processes, monitoring, compliance and reporting to support our efforts in Email and SMTP Communications. The candidate will focus on architecture, design and implement of the next generation of internal and external SMTP gateway systems and security protocols. This position requires the candidate to have a solid technical grounding to develop support processes and procedures around evolving and emerging technologies and vendors. The position works closely with engineering peers in Technology supporting Microsoft Exchange and Veritas Enterprise Vault compliance systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate, Design, Integrate and implement security technologies related to SMTP email (DMARC, DKIM, SPF).
- Design/implement automation processes and tools for managing an SMTP backbone in a large enterprise environment.
- Design/implement in-depth data integration and reporting capabilities for to measure product usage.
- Design and architect next generation electronic mail systems and API’s.
- Create and document implementation/support procedures/automation for new deployments.
- Evaluation of emerging technologies (on premise and cloud hosted).
- Deployment of Proof-of-Concept environments for new technology.
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues for production environment.
- Evaluate new versions/service packs for existing deployments, and develop strategy and procedures for upgrades.
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of information security concepts and how they apply to electronic communications (Encryption, proxy, firewalls, authentication).
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and SMTP communications protocols.
- Specific knowledge of one or more SMTP gateway products and technologies including Mimecast, Postfix, Proofpoint, Sendmail, Symantec Message Gateway, Symantec.cloud.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience using Powershell, Perl, python or other scripting languages to solve automation problems.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of experience designing, implementing and supporting SMTP backbone infrastructure for user and application email is preferred.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience implementing and managing DMARC, DKIM, SFP security protocols in an enterprise electronic environment is preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801310