BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Audit Senior (Technology)
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Wroclaw is one of the key Global Delivery Centres established by BNY Mellon around the world, and is the only one in Continental Europe. We currently employ around 900 highly skilled people at our centrally-located office in Wroclaw. Over the next few years we have plans to significantly increase this number. Locating BNY Mellon Science in Wroclaw allows us to further leverage the exceptional talent available in the region and adds another dimension to our already excellent service capability in Continental Europe, further expanding the services offered by the region to the global BNY Mellon organisation.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
Internal Audit is an independent function within The Bank of New York Mellon chartered to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Internal Audit's professional staff aligns with the overall structure of the Corporation.
The BNY Mellon Group Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium.
Globally, Internal Audit consists of 331 individuals across 23 locations globally. In EMEA, spanning 8 locations, there are 65 auditors of which 10 are Technology auditors.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The Audit Senior (Technology) will be part of the Global Technology Audit team and will work across Global, EMEA and Poland specific audit projects independently, or as part of a larger audit team, covering both Infrastructure and Application reviews. The primary reporting line will be into the Technology Audit Group Manager based in Poland.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of audit work throughout the planning, execution and reporting phases of an audit, as well as the timely follow-up and validation of resolution of issues. Audits will be completed in accordance with departmental methodologies and be completed within the agreed scope and budget. Audits will span various levels of complexity and are likely to involve a significant level of understanding of regulatory requirements and processes across a variety of business lines and legal entities.
The individual must have, and maintain, a strong understanding of Information Technology, business risks and their correlation with key controls. The individual must be able to manage their own workload and work proactively and independently where necessary. The individual must be able to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders verbally and in writing across the organization whilst maintaining effective stakeholder relationships across Senior Management and Audit team members. These skills should be demonstrated through thoughtful analysis of business processes, supporting technology, current risk assessments, issue identification/ communication and identification of emerging risks.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Lead and execute the testing of technology processes as per Audit policies, methodologies, and standards, primarily covering applications, client / server technology platforms and infrastructure.
- Operate effectively as a team member, or independently, and take responsibility for specific procedures and results as agreed upon with his or her manager in relation to technology audit work.
- Work with business audit colleagues and undertake integrated audits providing technology audit coverage of business applications and associated technology controls.
- Communicate effectively with clients and audit team members; interacting effectively with senior managers, Audit team members and other stakeholders
- Take ownership of the projects or other work assigned and ensure that audits are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the planning stage of an audit, identifying and defining technology scope using a risk based approach and developing appropriate risk based technology audit work programs,
- Think beyond past routines about new issues or risks since the last audit took place
- Document systems and support processes, conduct interviews and reviews and analyse evidence obtained.
- Evaluate IT internal controls and work collaboratively with management to identify actions needed and then follow-up and validate sustainable resolution of issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilising software tools (when applicable).
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed.
- Prepare audit reports.
- Manage people on discrete projects on a consistent basis with little oversight when 'Auditor In Charge'.
- Complete tasks efficiently (on time, on budget, accurately).
- Learn new technology, businesses, processes and regulations effectively and quickly.
- Engage in relevant training regarding audit, technology, businesses, financial controls, regulations.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technology or other related field. They should have a minimum of 4-6 years in a related field, although 6+ years relevant experience in audit or other specialty area is preferred. A related Technology qualification such as CISA, CISSP are preferred (or prepared to obtain).
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 33380
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1801334