BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr
The Project Delivery Group (PD) is responsible for the oversight and management of all major projects within Pershing UK including:
• Business driven IT change.
• Business and Operational re-engineering.
• Regulatory, Legal and Risk projects.
• Large scale change programmes of work.
Each project is run against a Business Case, and is sponsored at Director / MD level within the organisation. The PD group has a core team of Project Managers and Business Analysts. The Project Management role has responsibility for managing projects from inception through to implementation whilst conforming to the Pershing Project Delivery Methodology.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Summary of role
This is a Project Manager role working within a major financial services organisation.
The successful candidate will have excellent project management and change skills, the candidate will demonstrate knowledge and experience of applying them, ideally within the financial services sector.
It will be the project manager’s responsibility to:
• Fully define and scope the project, using a facilitative approach with in-house or external expertise whilst following Perishing’s Project Delivery Methodology.
• Deliver the change into the business using change management tools to ensure successful implementation
• Apply Prince 2/Agile tools and techniques to control and monitor projects including:
o Effective and accurate project planning.
o Identification, recording and management of project risks and issues.
• Deliver projects against to ensure that the time, quality and cost objectives are achieved.
• Manage internal and external stakeholder input to projects and manage expectations of senior stakeholders.
This role is based in the Liverpool office with occasional travel to London and other regional offices.
• Demonstrable Project and Change Management skills and experience including:
o Full understanding of the project life cycle with proven front to back ownership of multiple projects.
o Experience of co-ordinating business analysis and UAT across multiple departments.
o Understanding of quality assurance within a project.
o Project or Programme Management disciplines and techniques such as Prince 2/Agile.
o Delivery of change into the business and into customers
• Perform regular formal progress and status reporting.
• Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation including the delivery of presentations to audiences of varied sizes.
• Ability to prioritise individual and project work load to ensure that key project milestones are achieved
• Management of all project risks and issues to ensure appropriate mitigations and actions are identified and managed to a successful closure
• Management of all project costs, in terms of forecast and actuals, to ensure that projects are delivered to the agreed budget
• Experience working in the Investment banking or Private Wealth Management businesses.
• Knowledge and experience of financial IT systems and solutions and leading/defining IT implementation projects and governance management.
• Knowledge of Clearing, Settlement, Securities and Unit trust processing.
• Formal project management such as Prince 2 or PMP.
• Skills in MS Project, MS Visio. MS Office, Quality Centre and Sharepoint would be advantageous.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60163
Requisition Number: 1801370