BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ALM Statistical Modeler
The Statistical Modeler position is part of BNY Mellon’s Corporate Treasury division. Successful candidates will partner cross-functionally within Corporate Treasury and with business throughout the company to deliver state-of-the-art analytical solutions to support Asset Liability Management strategies, focusing on balance sheet and liquidity modeling.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support institutional and retail deposit behavioral modeling focusing on liquidity management (analysis of operational deposits).
- · Taking full ownership of the model development process from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, user training, support and documentation. Understanding technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and applying these skills toward solving business problems.
- · Perform ad-hoc analysis related to liquidity impact of business initiatives including modeling enhances liquidity risk measurement tools.
- · Communicating technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds
- · Maintain and Monitor the model performance, and provide technical guidance to Corporate Treasury leadership
- · Master’s/ Doctorate in Quantitative field including Data Sciences, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics with strong analytical skills.
- · Professional experience with synthesizing and performing analysis with large databases, preferably with Big Data.
- · 5+ years’ hands-on experience in model development
- · Experience with using data technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudera and statistical tools such as SAS or R.
- · Experience with synthesizing and performing analysis with large databases and deduce conclusions from data gaps
- · High proficiency in written and verbal communications skills is required
- · Basic knowledge in Unix command line
- · Incumbent must: have the ability to work under pressure; prioritize multiple tasks; bring tasks to complete closure; be organized; and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision
- · Comfortable with unstructured and changing environment
- · Prior experience with Corporate Treasury, ALM and/or behavioral deposit modeling, specifically, operational deposit model.
- · Experience with Machine Learning
- · Have strong understanding of emerging regulatory requirements for liquidity to optimize the Company's liquidity risk framework and represent the Company in interactions with the Company's primary regulators.
- · Analysis of corporate financial statements, business process modeling and understanding of a complex financial institution’s operational works flows.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 33218
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1801387