BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist Information Security Analyst - Senior SOC Analyst
- Role is to engage all application & infrastructure/security-control data owners and influence their creation of logs and Security Monitoring service adoption (current scope is ~200, future scope may include additional ~2,000),
- Document log generation (content creation) and collection build requirements for application/service-specific logs
- Document log generation (content creation) and collection build requirements for infrastructure/security control-specific logs
- Work with SIEM Engineering team and data owners to ensure log collection of each data source is technically implemented
- Extend existing log-onboarding/Security Monitoring service adoption process as required to improve adoption rates, improve internal-customer experience, or improve operational efficiency
- Provide application on-boarding prioritization recommendations, based upon:
* Available capacity in SIEM environment vs. log capacity/build requirements for their application(s)
* Timeline to log availability
- Manage scheduling and queueing of data owner conversations, log on-boarding, and post-on-boarding log review with data owners
- Facilitate the development of data source-specific data dictionaries; ability to analyze available fields and values and propose optimal sets of fields and values to retain for Security Monitoring use.
- Good at Information Security Log-specific Design/Build Requirements Gathering
- Communicates security concepts effectively in Fortune 500 terms
- Self-motivated, and able to operate very independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead/drive calls with application & infrastructure teams to extract their requirements, socialize new Standards, and influence adoption. This includes the ability to translate complex technical conceptsfor consumption by non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of Security Operations, SIEM technology, and use of data fields for security analysis, including log generation methods, log & security event content, log & security event delivery, correlation, and useful alerting.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Industry certifications such as CISSP or GCIH a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Previous Security Architecture experience strongly preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1801405