BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist, Client Service
Service Delivery is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and reporting of Collateral Management daily operational activities as well as the resolution for any problems that may arise.
· Be Workflow Lead for the team, overseeing daily operations for assigned area/function in order to ensure that all daily requirements in servicing the client base are completed properly and timely.
· Serves as an escalation point for both internal and external stakeholders and ensures the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards, and Markets policies and procedures as appropriate.
· Assists in the sales and client retention processes by delivering presentations on the Markets products, services and strategic solutions and engages in negotiations with clients and prospects.
· Identifies, implements, improves on the risk and control management framework within a high-risk operational environment.
· Has in depth understanding of credit risk scenarios linked to Markets products and interacts and explains complex scenarios with senior risk and credit personnel. Manages scenarios of client default in a high stress environment.
· Ensures compliance with internal policy and external regulations, often across multiple countries. Contributes to strategic planning and goal setting of the team and contributes to budget planning.
· Generally participates in analyzing feasibility of new business and services regarding cost effectiveness and profitability. Creates efficiencies and streamlines workflows.
· Works with the group manager to ensure performance management, professional development, leadership, training, and employee engagement.
· Serves as a role model for the company s values. Builds overall organizational talent.
· Bachelor's Degree. 4 to 8+ years of relevant experience in securities servicing including 2+ years in Settlement, Collateral Management or Trade Support and assigned functional area. Outstanding client, organizational, analytical and execution skills. Excellent communication, presentation, administrative, and computing skills. Demonstrated excellent team leader.
Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance or comparable work experience.
S/He will have a general knowledge of the security industry and trade practices.
S/He should have strong analytical skills and be able to work independently.
S/He must be able to work pressure to adhere to strict guidelines/deadlines.
Preferred Language Skills_Japanese/English:
Speak and write in Japanese Business.
Preferred native mature Japanese. Strong communication skills
JSDA Class I (preferred)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70103
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1801431