BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Systems Engineer - Cloud
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We are looking for a Virtualization Cloud solutions engineer to join the TSG Infrastructure and Business deployment team, reporting to the TSG Infrastructure Operations Manager. The role will be responsible for liaising with technology and support teams in globally to develop options around Hybrid cloud adoption. The role will involve in-depth knowledge on automation in the Hypervisor space, removing hand on keyboard effort around updates and repetitive tasks.
• Provide insight and knowledge of adoption of cloud engagement with Azure in a hybrid model.
• Consults with varies individuals throughout the organization on the global design around these processes.
• You will provide 3rd line advisory support to our Hypervisor estate both for vSphere and Hyper-V
• Contributes to the definition of standards, processes and procedures for use in the virtual estate.
• Keeps abreast of industry-related changes in this space and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices.
• Assists infrastructure teams with developing disaster recovery playbooks to guide the teams through the recovery process
• Focuses on continuous improvement of the Virtual estate.
• Prepare and deliver both informational and decision-seeking presentations
• Work as part of a flexible and resourceful team, providing exceptional levels of support to Management and Stakeholders.
• Support Ad-hoc Requests for support from different areas in the Technology
• Document process and cross train within team to ensure resiliency
• Expert with Automating tasks in the Microsoft Azure cloud
• Working towards/completed cloud certification
• Azure experience essential.
• Extensive experience using the command line (PowerShell and Azure CLI) to manage Azure rather than Web Interface.
• Knowledge and use of Azure Application Gateway, Azure Internal/External Load Balancers, VPN Gateways, VNet Peering.
• Experience of working in a hybrid cloud environment (eg existing on premises constraints to public cloud design).
• Experience of automation & configuration management software (Ansible/Chef/Puppet or similar).
• You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions
• Shaping and delivering programmes
• Helping shape technology roadmap and business goals
• Understand emerging technologies in line with cloud integration
• Familiar with; ITIL, Agile
• Knowledge in Supporting VSphere 6.1 Technology
• Knowledge in Supporting Hyper-V Technology
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical
• ITIL Training for Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Awareness of Technology SLA’s and OLA’s
• Awareness of Technology Governance, Risk, and Compliance
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60145
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801450