BNY Mellon Careers
· Serves as representative of the Legal Department and supports Senior Managing Counsel for Corporate Trust APAC and Deputy General Counsel for APAC as required.
· May be required to sit on various committees. Serves as liaison with external law firms, and may represent the Company in court actions or legal negotiations. Provides legal advice to management and others regarding proposals or anticipated actions.
· Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed contracts and complies with all legal requirements, including advising bank officers in Corporate Trust on legal issues arising from transactional negotiations.
· Under guidance from more experienced attorneys, prepares legal advice for a particular business or functional area on broad, non-complex issues.
· Often contributes as part of a larger team supporting a department/unit. Assists in handling a portfolio of legal issues, supporting internal stakeholders, relevant to issues affecting the assigned entity.
· Seeks guidance from senior colleagues to ensure an understanding of their assignments within the context of the larger issues at hand and the strategies of the internal entity.
· Coordinate and collaborate with various business areas to gather information related to legal matters or due diligence activities.
· Bachelor or Master's Degree in Law qualified to practice in England & Wales and/or Hong Kong (including as a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Hong Kong)
· 5-7 years PQE working in a reputable international firm (English or US) in the debt capital markets practice and/or in-house.
· If private practice experience only, the preferred candidate should have completed at least one client secondment with a bank or FI is preferred.
· Experience must include debt capital markets transactions, including corporate trust and banking.
Minimum Language Skills:
· English (native proficiency)
Preferred Language Skills:
· Mandarin (business proficiency)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: China-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1801570