BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Mgr, Real Estate Fund Administration
Fund/Client Accounting - Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and complex real estate funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports. Primarily responsible for the accurate and timely accounting and reporting for their assigned portfolios. The candidate should have a solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and/or related investments. In addition, the candidate is required to assist in managing and completing multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from many parties.
Major responsibilities include:Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and review of quarterly data submission to various industry organizations and consultants.
• Provides input into methodologies and reviews complex work done by more junior team members.
• Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts.
• Constructing and/or leading various training classes - such as accounting for complex deal structures, record keeping within certain systems, and/or the rolling out of new or changes to existing processes;
• Performs highly complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
• Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving multifaceted issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
• Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
• Assists in various audits with internal and external auditors.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
7-10 years of financial statement preparation and review experience strongly preferred.
7-10 years of real estate fund accounting experience strongly preferred.
Audit experience strongly preferred.
CPA preferred but not required.
Working knowledge of joint venture waterfalls and partnership structures strongly preferred.
REIT experience, Yardi and/or MRI system experience strongly preferred.
Client facing experience preferred.
Advanced Excel experience preferred.
Strong leadership and development skills.
Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Ability to work in a fast pace organization with tight deadlines.
Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 70505
Organization: Asset Servicing Alternatives-HR16984
Requisition Number: 1801593