BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Project/Prgm Mgr
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Overview of the role:
- The candidate should be an exceptional Project/Program manager experienced with delivering large multi-year strategic programs exceeding $10MM or more.
- The candidate should have strong client management skills, executive level communication skills with the ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply analytical skills to solve them.
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Delivery of strategic programs – track and drive key project deliverables within Broker-Dealer Services technology space.
- Manage cross stream dependencies.
- Risk management – Actively identify and manage risks and issues, working with the disparate teams to create mitigation plan and follow-through to resolution.
- Stakeholder management – Comfortable managing stakeholders at all levels across the firm including business and technology leadership and above all clients.
- Project governance – Drive and execute appropriate level of governance across technology and PMO teams.
- Develop business knowledge of the programs being managed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related project management experience is required, experience with managing complex technology programs in financial services industry is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial.
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile and more specifically Scrum methodology, preferably Scrum certified.
- Experience with leading global delivery teams.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and inspire.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Subject matter experience of infrastructure and hardware.
- Experience in on-boarding clients to new technology platforms.
- Adept at navigating through challenging issues.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801608