BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Grp Mgr,Relationship Mgmnt
The Technology organization is committed to the seamless and consistent delivery of applications, infrastructure products and services to the business. The group is multi-disciplinary, including Technology infrastructure and application Development Services unit. The location includes groups that develop, engineer, operate and support the services delivered, as well as a Business Partner Group that provides an interface between consumers of the services and the Technology Services unit. The Business Partner Group aim is to provide a single point of contact between the Technology Services unit and the consumers of these services. The role of a Business Partner will be to align and work directly with key individual business groups to build a level of intimacy and understanding within each area and lead the delivery of a modern, scalable technology infrastructure foundation for the future.
BNYM are looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing EMEA Technology Group as a Business Partner , with additional responsibility as the Technology Site lead for the Ireland location, which is growing.
A Technology EMEA Business Partner (BP) liaises between Application Development groups, Risk, Audit and multiple business units in EMEA to support and deliver service for their most complex technology needs. BP leads and provides technical and innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities including IT delivery, Service Management, SLA and OLA management and meaningful contracting processes and procedures across the enterprise. Develops strategic client relationships within the business unit to ensure client satisfaction with IT Service delivery, liaison on business unit affecting IT changes and the development of efficient business systems to ensure they meet client requirements. Represents business units to Technology Services in highly complex system enhancements and design activities to ensure changes take into account business needs. Responsible for negotiating, extending, terminating, and renegotiating of major contracts for acquisition of equipment, materials, products, or services. Leads the evaluation and monitoring of processes and tools for different types of contracts, risk assessment, dispute and issue resolution through continual review of existing policies and procedures across Lines of Business. The role contributes to the achievement of Business Partner role objectives.
Site Location Lead:
The successful candidate will also be the Technology Site Manager.
They will be the accountable and central point of contact for Technology staff located in Ireland, and build relationships with senior business in Ireland and Technology Globally. As the multi-disciplinary team in Ireland grows the successful candidate will oversee recruitment and provide local staff oversight. As part of a global matrix organization they will be the local lead to recruit, retain, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
JOB DUTIES include-
Site location Lead:
- Attract and lead a growing team of Technology staff within Ireland campus
- Report directly to senior management in the Technology Group as well as locally within the site
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
- Builds effective relationships with Global functional managers, to provide effective oversight of staff within Ireland location
- Participation in strategic and budgetary planning processes within Technology Services, prepare and administer work unit operating budgets; provide recommendations on desired policies and goals and implement new/revised programs according to established guidelines.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions
- Responsible for running various aspects of consumer assigned neighborhood (cluster of business aligned capabilities), including but not limited to:
- Matrix management of designated Technology SMEs aligned to appropriate technology neighborhood
- Champion and drive adoption of neighborhood concept for a modern, scalable foundation for increased business benefits
- Act as single point of contact to deliver full suite of Products and Services
- Provide a seamless and integrated face-off to our Partners
- Preparation for the adoption of a modern converged infrastructure for operations and delivery
- Ensure the highest level of cyber preparation, drive down EOL Op Risk, etc.
- Reduce complexity
- Buildout and overall management of neighborhood; this includes underlying hardware to avoid multi-functional dependencies
- Setting and managing neighborhood operational council
- Design and program governance
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Collaborate with regional and global management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Act as the key liaison across all disciplines, including shared partner and business groups, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, actively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Facilitate capacity and resource planning for future needs of portfolio
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
- Partner with key staff members and SMEs and Business management to create strategic business plans.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Be responsible for the Project Portfolio for the business line and collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Guide and facilitate proper usage of Service Management functions: Change management, Incident and problem management high level oversight
- Drive solutions for business impact and Service Level agreement and Operation Level agreements
- Make Knowledge management usage and functionality available to the customer
- Lead, analyze and report on cost of Technology Infrastructure services
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial
- 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Dev Ops , Agile, Lean required
- Business knowledge of Securities, Fund accounting , Collateral, and tri-party Repo preferred
- Experience in automation, Cloud , virtual , Software defined Networking , MQ , Kafka,
- Proficiency in ITSM tools and solid understanding of service analytics and visualization
- Solid project management (dev and infra) experience
- Global mindset, Strong communicator, ‘Stress Proof’
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
- In partnership with AppDev and business ability to communicate effectively with Board and regulators to discuss issues or programs
- Ability to translate infrastructure technology nomenclature to consumer to enable greater understanding
- Consistent track record in driving service alignment and improvement initiatives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60333
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801863