BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Release Management Analyst is accountable for the enforcement of release management policies and standards across all lines of business, and support Federated Release Managers with release policy training, package assembly, testing and deployment
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare for release build and test
• Support Federated Release Managers with assembly and test of release packages by providing the required guidance, templates, resources
• Review release packages and validate that they meet requirements for deployment
• Ensure effectiveness and compliance for release management processes across LOBs
• Ensure that release processes and procedures are applied to all activities while providing overall quality control over assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages
• Maintain and administer tools and methods to carry out the builds and tests in coordination with testers
• Record and report metrics to ensure that the processes operate within agreed SLAs
• Continually identify and raise release related risks, and track them to closure
• Ensure that relevant release management documentation (strategy, processes, etc.) is accessible and current at all times
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides expert input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• Act as a principal resource collaborating and providing guidance and oversight with AppDev, engineers, and other team members.
• Ability to be a strong, self-motivated, independent individual that promotes teamwork.
• Develop and document standard operating procedures.
• Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
• Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology.
• Ability to adapt well to diverse environments.
• Business Application Deployments.
• Modifying/Writing Ansible Playbook.
• Ability to work comfortably with business and technical personnel.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45199
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR16451
Requisition Number: 1801956