BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal, Product Management - Depositary Receipts
Primary focus of the role is leading product development efforts, large and small, in the cross-border investment space, with an emphasis on equity products.
• Validating and prioritising new product development opportunities
• Developing business case and securing buy-in from senior management, business SMEs and business partners
• Includes PMO and documentation in line with enterprise product development requirements
• Leading virtual teams of SMEs assembled in support of specific development objectives
• More general product management tasks around:
• External connectivity with our clients and market infrastructure (CSDs, Regulators, Exchanges, Advisors/Influencers, etc);
• Enterprise connectivity with allied Prod Mgt teams and efforts. Monitoring, participating in and possibly leading cross-Lob opportunities as they arise.
• Support of and possible voting roles in governance committees for Pricing, Business Acceptance and Risk
• A significant role in Product and Strategic planning for the business.
• Directly supervising one intern analyst
• *SMR report (depending on reporting line)
• Leads product management, development and strategy for significantly large and/or complex products of strategic importance.
• Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential or that represent a niche/specialty offering and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/offerings.
• Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutions that may include more than one product.
• Must understand the economics behind products and demonstrate business acumen.
• Responsible for crafting the strategies behind product development and delivery.
• Must have market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors.
• Is directly responsible for product profitability across a range of large, complex, global products.
• Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development, enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes.
• Employs a client-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on client segments, competitive landscape and industry environment.
• Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
• Seen as a firm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance to the firm.
• Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluation criteria and success metrics. Oversees pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
• Positions products for specific client segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages.
• Works with sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and close on deals as needed.
• May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.
• Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goals are met.
• Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability of assigned product(s).
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 10-12 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
• Technical expertise, not necessarily in DRs or equities more broadly, but in a related area; and able to demonstrate the ability to learn the technical aspects of the DR product
• Operations background is a significant plus, particularly in securities settlements or corporate actions
• A good knowledge of the settlements and/or regulatory plumbing in our major markets
• Successful candidates have come from backgrounds in Registry, Transfer Agency, ICSDs, Exchanges, and Structured Product development
• Detail oriented
• Track record of execution and driving for results – success here is more about getting stuff done than having the next big idea
• Digitally proficient, with an awareness of significant technology developments impacting financial markets
• Good client and stakeholder management skills
• Very good communications skills: Written, Verbal and Active Listening
• The ability to be self-starting in a role in a satellite office with remote management
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Depositary Receipts business focuses on elevating the benefit of depositary receipts (DRs), which are negotiable securities traded, typically, in the U.S. or on other global securities markets, representing the equity of issuers outside those markets. We are committed to helping securities issuers access the world's rapidly evolving financial markets and deliver a comprehensive suite of depositary receipt services. We also work financial intermediaries and the investors in the DR marketplace. BNY Mellon acts as depositary for more than 2,700 DR programs in partnership with leading companies from 68 countries. Get to know us at www.bnymellon.com/dr.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: Depositary Receipts-HR06321
Requisition Number: 1801965