BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Full Stack Developer (Java, Spring, Angular, DB)
The Business Partner Technology Group is in the middle of building out a new enterprise regulatory reporting system. The system is an enterprise level program of change to improve the Company’s abilities to generate timelier and more accurate external reporting with less effort. At the core of this Program, this Project seeks to automate the collection of data and the generation of reports for Assets Under Custody/Administration (AUC/A) and RCT purposes. It will have the ability to aggregate data across the firm in support of regulatory requirements and provide the platform for analytical reporting.
While the primary objective of this project is to enhance the Company’s AUC/A and RC-T reporting capabilities, to the extent that other data requirements are known at this time, the analysis will include related data elements that may help to fulfill other regulatory reporting needs as defined by the overall inventory developed for the umbrella program. In addition, as part of the overall technology efforts to rationalize the Company’s data warehousing and reporting capabilities under firm-wide shared services, the proposed solution will include the flexibility and extensibility provided by that effort to support future ad hoc and regulatory reporting from the AUC/A data.
The qualified candidate will have experience as a Senior Level Developer, having strong experience in building sophisticated, large scale, data-centric systems. Familiarity with open-source development tools in all tiers of the application stack are required.Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
1) Analyze application requirements and develop high level and detailed data models and application designs.
2) Participate in the technical design, development and documentation of cross-functional, multi-platform distributed application systems and databases.
3) Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, and logical processes and interfaces with other systems.
4) Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved by coordinating, coding, testing, implementing and documenting applications.
5) Interact with business users and understand business requirements, and analyze and come up with optimal technology solutions to solve business requirements.
6) Work with offshore team closely to deliver projects on time and in a high quality manner.
7) Design/Develop/code end to end technology solutions for BNY enterprise risk business including batch process, business logic, user interface, database access, testing and process automation.
8) Conduct system analysis and work estimate for new tasks.
9) Collaborate with internal and external teams on projects such as sourcing data feed, working with vendors, and implementing APIs.
10) Mentor offshore and junior team members by developing and enforcing standards, facilitating code reviews, and coordinating learning opportunities.
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.Primary Qualifications:
· 8+ years experience w/ Java
· 4+ years experience w/ Spring Framework
· 2+ years experience w/ RESTful Web Services
· 4+ years experience w/ Data Modelling, Data Analysis, and Data Performance
· Experience w/ “Big Data”, JDBC, Oracle, and ORM (Hibernate, iBatis)
· Experience w/ Angular, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, Material Design
· Experience working in an Agile environment
· Nice to haves: Continuous Integration, Vertica, Jaspersoft, Bower, Grunt, Node.js, Git
· Broad skillset covering programming, database, scripting, system performance, distributed architecture
· Experience working with development of complex, large-scale systems required - financial or risk project experience preferred.
· Experience leading an offshore team, strong work ethics
· Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, excellent team player
· Superb ownership mindset - a habit of excellence
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802012