BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Risk Manager - Alternative Investment Services
The incumbent works with business units within Alternative Investment Services in EMEA and APAC to ensure that each adequately identifies and incorporates appropriate controls for managing risk and other strategic concerns within their risk management systems.
Works closely with Internal Control teams to oversee/advise / assist each business unit in evaluating and documenting its existing processes and any control gaps that may appear.
Ensures that the various features of the Risk Management Framework are applied for the business units in scope.
Assess business risk scenarios for escalation to decision makers in order to maintain the Bank’s moderate risk profile.
Provide constructive challenge to new business proposals including existing and prospective clients to ensure that the business is being protected and to ensure that new/incremental business is suitable for the current servicing capabilities.
Assist in the assessment of new products/services that the business proposes to develop to ensure risks have been identified and mitigated.
Act in a senior capacity within the Risk Management team providing adequate support for the Alternatives business during BAU and business change environments.
- Influence business unit management on all risk issues, providing regular updates on risk issues, including prevention, identification, mitigation and resolution. Identify adverse trends and implement corrective action, as necessary
- Oversight and coordination for all risks associated with the business unit within AIS EMEA and APAC to include, foremost operational, but also credit, legal, market, fiduciary, liquidity, and technology.
- Assist in executing the company’s risk policies, governance and “best practices” across the EMEA and APAC region including the application of the Risk Management Framework.
- Collaborate with management on formulating and executing strategy and decision-making with regards to risk issues. Participate in due diligence, integration or build out projects or legal entity change and provide independent oversight and guidance.
- Participate in the EMEA regional and legal entity governance teams. Contribute as appropriate to the various Risk Management Committee’s and legal entity boards. Assist and help to enhance reporting provided to Legal Entity boards and Risk Committees of the Bank.
- Act as a Risk Management representative for regulatory and audit examinations or visits.
- Strive to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
- Build a strong understanding of the EMEA governance framework, including escalation requirements.
- Become a central point of contact for governance and policy related issues
Generic Staff Responsibilities
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Academic and Experience
- Must be able to work on his/her own initiative and interact confidently at a senior level
- Excellent problem-solving, judgement and analytical abilities
- The incumbent should have commensurate direct industry experience
- Experience of audit, compliance and/or risk management roles in an established financial services or investment management organization or at a top tier accountancy firm with a specialization in financial industry engagements would be an advantage
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on initiatives
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional, problem solving approach.
- Strong understanding of the businesses within scope of the role, primarily Fund
- Administration, Custody and Middle Office components of the Alternatives Investment industry. Ideally the incumbent will have clearly identifiable experience in understanding and managing risk and a control environment.
- In depth understanding of the purpose and expectation of a Risk Management function.
- The incumbent should have an appropriate third level qualification in a business or financial services related discipline, preferably to degree level.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 50417
Requisition Number: 1802049