BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
The Singapore innovation center is one of a number of Innovation Centers we are building in our major locations.
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join a group of talented product managers, developers and architects working in our Centre. The Centre has been specifically designed to offer a client co-creation facility for experimentation, exploration and rapid prototyping.
In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic and ready to hit the ground running. You will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well in team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
Signification interaction with our global talent will be required.
· Apply Machine Learning on structured and unstructured data to extract investment insights
· Prototype Business Intelligence applications to identify investment trends and develop strategies
· Creatively source, aggregate and analyze massive amounts of data
· Develop statistical descriptive or predictive models through optimization and machine learning techniques
· Analyze and optimize behavior of models and strategies by simulating execution on historical data and explaining results
· Verify hypotheses by implementing statistical analyses on signals and other trading data
· Compare performance of different optimization and machine learning techniques on a given problem, and advance the state-of-the-art by introducing new techniques
· Design and implement innovative solutions for visualizing and analyzing large datasets.
· Advanced knowledge (PhD/Msc. level) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or relevant fields.
· At least 5 years of experience in deep learning / machine learning / data driven development projects
· At least 2 years hands-on experience in building machine learning based products.
· Knowledge of deep-learning fundamentals, preferably real-world experience at developing deep-learning models
· Strong knowledge of statistics (e.g., Bayesian inference, Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Monte Carlo methods, Probabilistic Graphical Models)
· Experiences with analytical tools and languages such as Python, R, SQL, Pig and other Hadoop-based languages
· Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to create elegant solution
· Agile engineering principles and comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams
· Affinity with financial markets is not required, but would be beneficial.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802142