BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal Architect, Application Development (Cloud)
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Principle architects are part of an architecture engineering team in BNYM’s central IT group. This senior expert team performs internal consulting engagements for all aspects of projects to which they are engaged. The consulting engagements may be individual or as a team of principle architects. Principle architects will participate in scrum teams to implement an architecturally significant component/service/application. Individuals must have significant expertize in optimizing architecturally significant efforts such as the creation of cloud platforms and/or implementation of services elevated on top of a cloud platform offerings. Individuals must have extensive hands/current programming/software engineering skills related to back end / server based software development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Requirements elicitation, architecture, design, prototyping, implementation and testing of architecturally significant cross cutting platforms, services or applications
• Management of the overall architectural model for central IT’s strategic platforms and services. Development of roadmaps related to the firms strategic architectural direction as to the evolution of central IT’s strategic platforms and services.
• Participate in, understand, drive and own the firms private/public cloud enablement initiative. Specifically provide architecture engineering services related to the automation of architecturally significant services related to public cloud enablement / governance.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
• Extensive experience in enterprise architecture, analysis, design, and hands-on application development is required.
• Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
• Modeling with UML
• Understanding of DevOps and the evolution of DevOps to NoOps
• Maven, Spring, Java, Go, Linux, Bash, Python, Docker, Windows or some second computing platform architecture
• Distributed Cache, Messaging
• Understanding of; Auth/Authz, high availability, distributed computing architectures, disaster recovery
• Expertise in at least one major public cloud
• Some exposure understanding of technical architecture concerns related to software engineering for a regulated entity.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60332
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1802256