BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Information Security Analyst- Adversary Hunt
A member of the team chartered with driving the cyber security hunt program within the firm. The candidate will be responsible for:
· Analysis of network data (e.g., packets, logs) and endpoint data (e.g., logs, malicious artifacts) in both structured and unstructured methods.
· Designing and performing Red Team style exercises to validate security controls are properly configured and alerting to hostile actor activity.
· Analysis of malware (executables, scripts, documents) to determine indicators of compromise, and create signatures for future detection of similar samples.
· Conducting exercises to simulate attacks and gauge responsiveness of processes and procedures.
· Creating a feedback loop with security control owners to help tune systems based on the results of investigations.
· Acting as a high tier escalation point for security incidents to provide technical expertise to the incident response process.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Fundamental understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, etc.), and be comfortable analyzing packet capture (pcap) files in tools such as Wireshark;
· Knowledge of operating system internals (virtual memory, paging, etc.) and techniques employed by malware to evade detection;
· Proficiency in a Linux command line environment (awk, sed, grep, etc.) or Windows equivalent (Powershell) to analyze log files and other data sources and summarize data and locate anomalies;
· Proficiency in a scripting language (perl, python, etc.) to automate common tasks;
· Strong communication skills to translate complex technical concepts into plain English for consumption by non-technical audiences.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1802259