BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Specialist, Data Modeler/Analyst
The Sr. Specialist, Data Modeler/Analyst will create, maintain and enhance data models and will work closely with requirements analysts and data analysts to understand business needs and to translate the specific requirements into appropriate database designs. The Data Modeler will ensure that the data models created conform to the strategic goals of the business.
- Design and maintenance of conceptual and logical data model for OLTP and other analytical applications, using ERWIN
- Analyzing functional and non-functional business requirements and translate into technical data requirements and create or update existing logical and physical data models
- Facilitating data modeling sessions ranging from information gathering to model validation
- Reverse and Forward Data Modeling
- Providing support to analyze data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust relational structure for the future
- Developing a solution to extract data out of the existing systems and store in the future system
- Defining a data model and database design that is based on business needs
- Conducting Business Requirements Analysis and educate the various project teams on the proper usage of data structures
- Conducting data profiling and data analysis on source and target systems
- Excellent Oracle SQL skills with the ability to validate data model functionality and performance using SQL
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain data models in Erwin data modeling software
- Participate in requirements gathering, project estimation and management
- Utilize data modeling phase methodology leveraging conceptual, logical, and physical development to arrive at model solutions
- Review and creation of architecture documents and diagrams: Data models, Data mapping, Data dictionaries, Metadata
- Review and generate business rules for data
- Research and document data flows
- Research and document application integration solutions, ETL, SQL, etc.
- Provide thought leadership regarding: Industry practices around collecting data, staging data, cleansing data, standardizing data, and publishing data into data marts.
- Ensure data modeling deliverables conform to data modeling standards
- Support integration of models and ensure definitions are consistent across the enterprise for shareability and reusability.
Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802260