BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Mgr,Appl Development
- Manage the "technical" aspects of the project and work towards resolution directly with the client in conjunction with the other Project and Program Managers.
- Participate in the development of the project plan, calculation of project estimates, including budget for HW/SW, and allocation of development resources and interfacing applications and infrastructure teams.
- Participate in the identification and management of project issues, risks, and dependencies of all technical activities.
- Coordinate the production of the technical design & component documents and ensure that the design matches the client requirements and budget.
- Determine development tools, third party applications and utilities, other h/w and s/w required to develop the application and coordinate the establishment of the development, test and production environments.
- Allocate development activities to development resources, coordinate with interfacing applications and infrastructure groups, and coordinate with the Program Manager.
- Ensure feasibility of any proof-of-concept pilot developed (define proof-of-concept architecture if different from target architecture), in conjunction with the cross-business architect.
- Establish and enforce configuration management procedures.
- Establish and enforce unit and integration testing procedures (coordinated with Test Lead).
- Ensure the project is in compliance with the BNY SDLC standards and required document templates are used on the project.
- Monitor day-to-day development activities and communicate progress to the project manager.
- Oversee the integration of all development components and applicable components required to support the complete program workflow.
- Review and prioritize changes requests and defects with the testing team and the project manager, assign to a release as appropriate.
- Attend the weekly team status meetings and/or daily stand/ups.
- Initiate and participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify areas of potential technical risk and communicate these to the project manager.
- Produce release notes for each release of the application.
- Oversee the development of a rollout/transition plan and operations guide in conjunction with the applications maintenance teams.
- Oversee the development of installation routines.
- Complete project review and required resource performance reviews.
Lead Manager, Appl Development->> Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Manages the development of design requirements, designs, tests, documents and implements systems and programs. Manages staff in ensuring systems are developed to meet clients' business needs and expectations. Provides training in technical tools and skills, as well as specific applications and their business functions to Completes final testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications. Manages the development of modifications as needed. Develops, enhances, and maintains quality application systems to support the client area. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other applications developers, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Manages a development team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 8 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
The job holder will have a minimum 8 - 12 years’ experience in or supporting the Investment and Securities industry; and must have prior business and systems analysis experience and with providing business consulting advice to senior IT and business management. Hands on experience in deploying and maintaining Fiserv/TradeFlow preferred. Familiarity with investment instruments such as Derivatives and Foreign Exchange preferable. Knowledge of SWIFT preferred. S/he must have significant experience with many and varied functional requirements analyses tools and techniques for clearly defining and documenting client needs helpful. Prior experience defining best practices for technical analysis, requirements definition, workflow automation and software development methodologies required. Job holder must be a subject-matter expert in post trade processing
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45276
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802423