BNY Mellon Careers
HR Operations Analyst/Administrator II
We are currently recruiting an Analyst to support the Head of International HR Operations, providing support across EMEA and APAC in respect of departmental risk, control, and regulatory requirements. Support and delivery on department strategic initiatives along with production of relevant management information, presentation packs. This is a new role and will evolve further.
• Developing further, reviewing and ensuring monthly KPI, metrics, analytics dashboards are delivered timely. Along with creating PowerPoint decks as required to be presented at regulatory, management or function meetings.
• Checking monthly, quarterly and annual department deliverables are on track Keeping management informed of any potential risk timely.
• Coordinating updates by relevant managers/team members to ensure MySource Social department documentation is up to date, visible, transparent and consistent with HR department strategy
• Actively supporting Head of function with strategic initiatives, driving the strategy forwards across teams.
• Supporting team leaders and manager to enable monthly updates/status of internal projects to be collated and reported .
• Provide accurate and timely data to manager and key stakeholders as appropriate examples - presentation packs/spreadsheets.
• Own and provide summary reporting on functional managers self-assessments bi-annually
• Support team by drafting any required communications
• Represent the HR Operations in team in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other BNYM areas.
• Support governance and controls for the department (Contribute to the maintenance of effective checklists and procedure documents and demonstrate a continuous process improvement approach).
• Provide day to day administrative support to Management and any other duties as deemed appropriate
• Ability to grow the role providing the department with value add
• Interpersonal and communication: Experience with senior management teams and ability to succulently deliver key messages and summarise complex issues.
• Eye for detail and ability to improve processes: Experience in improving process and identifying inefficiencies to improve overall business operations.
• High attention to detail and control orientated
• IT skills: MS Office, Good PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain strong relations and communication links with all customers.
• Contribute to a positive team environment. Co-operative and accommodating whilst maintaining a positive attitude with an open mind to take on a wide variety of roles. Must enjoy being helpful and customer focused.
• Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other desktop applications.
• Degree level preferred but not essential.
• Ability to solve problems and create solutions. Common sense and can-do attitude
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Human Resources
Internal Jobcode: 52033
Organization: HR Solutions Center-HR06284
Requisition Number: 1802443