BNY Mellon Careers
EMEA Senior Market Risk Manager (Vice President)
This role will be part of the EMEA Market and Liquidity Risk function within the broader EMEA Risk Management and global Market Risk functions with a focus on trading book market risk for the BNY Mellon entities in EMEA and will be based in London. The EMEA Market Risk team is responsible for analysing, monitoring and reporting the market and liquidity risks of BNY Mellon’s Markets and Corporate Treasury activities in the EMEA region. The team also supports the ICAAP and ILAAP processes from a market risk, liquidity risk and IRRBB perspective. The team interacts with the business and the business control partners, as well as BNYM Risk Management in EMEA and at the corporate centre. This role will report into the EMEA Head of Market and Liquidity Risk and will work closely with the Markets business, local and regional Risk Management, ICAAP and Stress Testing, and Technology functions.
The aim of the role is to provide professional, value added and efficient market risk resource and service through the identification, analysis, monitoring and escalation of market risk exposures, resulting from the Markets activities (market making in FX and STIR products, linear and non-linear) of BNY Mellon in EMEA, with a focus on the second line of defence monitoring and reporting, including analysis and further enhancement and development of the second control framework.
- Responsible for and managing the monitoring, analysis and reporting of trading risk and positions using available market risk monitoring systems as well as available front and back office systems, to identify any adverse trend and/or violation of limits regarding the (intra-day) positions, and market risk exposure of the Markets activities in EMEA.
- Lead the development, improvement and implementation of market risk procedures and methodologies in co-operation with other departments, such as Corporate Market Risk, Modelling, and Technology.
- Analyse the use and suitability of market risk models/parameters, systems and procedures and implementation of new models/parameters and procedures
- Produce periodic market risk analysis and reporting for senior management and committee review, and to support financial and regulatory disclosures.
- Applies understanding of the specific risks that exist within the assigned area of responsibility to recommend risk mitigation.
- Attendance on critical business and risk committees to ensure there is a constant awareness of the market risk management issues affecting (or possibly affecting) the Markets activities in EMEA
- Manages market risk staff responsible for market or liquidity risk management activities for EMEA.
- Manages the performance of assigned staff, coaching and guiding on market or liquidity risk measurement, monitoring, and analysis, as well as pertinent regulation
- Sets priorities and allocates resources to align with business and Market Risk objectives.
- Tracks and reports on team deliverables. Coaches and guides assigned staff on improving the execution of the market or liquidity risk activities and achievement of goals.
- Manages staff development and talent management processes. Coaches and counsels staff, determines staffing and compensation recommendations and participates in hiring and termination decisions.
- Directly manages market risk staff and ensures their focus on daily tasks to deliver on initiatives.
- Responsible for the achievement of team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of Market or Liquidity Risk staff.
- A background of market risk experience (first or second line) required.
- People management experience required
- The role requires a thorough understanding of financial markets; FX and STIR trading and investment instruments (listed and OTC), and the detailed process by which market risks are measured and monitored.
- Understanding of historical VaR models, DV01 & cross currency basis sensitivity, and Capital metrics.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications (including VBA and SQL).
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively (oral, written).
- Fluency in English, both conversational and written.
- Has a thorough understanding of market risk concepts including the financial industry and regulatory bodies.
- Incumbent may have expertise in designing and connecting databases to risk systems with a high level of proficiency. Provides subject matter expertise in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and addressing data, analytical, monitoring, and regulatory needs for one or more areas of market or liquidity risk, by meeting with staff across Market Risk to discuss their needs, review existing solutions, and articulate future state expectations
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline preferred
- Bachelors degree (preferably in financial engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or similar areas) or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85212
Requisition Number: 1802506