BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Java Developer Engineer with JMS, JDBC, Spring framework, Hibernate, Oracle, Tomcat and Anuglar
BDC is a clearance and settlement platform handling government securities mandated to replace GSCX as a service provider in this domain. BNYM clearance and settlement platform in this domain handle about 80% of the entire market, comprising of about 4 to 6 trillion USD of the daily settlement. BNYM clearance and settlement platform also holds assets for 148 clients worth 15 trillion USD. 18 primary dealers are directly clearing through BNYM clearance and settlement platforms.
BDC is a core and significant application resiliency and stability of which may have global market implications. BDC also is a complex application with multiple components catering to different services and with close to 200 operational application interfaces. Clearance & Settlement, Principal & Interest, Funds Transfer and Triparty Repo are few of the critical modules in BDC.
BDC application development team is looking for a Senior Specialist Developer with the following qualifications to join the team and perform the following job responsibilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Participation in agile based software development model
- Computer Science related Degree or equivalent required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 8-10 years of heavy development experience with Java, JMS, JDBC, Spring framework, Hibernate, Oracle and Tomcat required
- Use of Object Oriented development methodologies and design patterns within a Service Oriented Architecture required
- Experience of front end web technology rameworks - Angular, Sencha, Bootstrap etc. strongly desired
- Demonstrable experience of some or all of; REST, XML/XSLT, JSON, node.js , bower, npm, grunt strongly desired
- Knowledge of automate build tools and continuous integration (Maven, Jenkins, Nexus etc.) strongly desired
- Test driven mind-set ideally with experience with Test Driven Development required
- Advocate of Agile engineering principles and familiarization of working in geographically dispersed teams required
- Motivated, confident and enthusiastic team player with ability to mentor and develop junior staff with evidence of strong leadership skills, innovative and enthusiastic approach to solving technology problems, delivery focused with history of achieving deliverables
- Strong communicator, both face to face and remote with experience of communicating to the Senior Leadership of an organization, ability to interact with the business to understand requirements and perform technology analysis
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1802515