BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist Business Analysis Consultant - Monitoring Technology
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This role will be within our Monitoring capability and will contribute to delivering best-in-class monitoring to the firm.
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both business partners and technical partners.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of stakeholders’ perspectives in Monitoring program projects to contribute to more detailed requirements definition for technical teams.
- Ability to self-motivate in gaining a technical understanding of the various components of the Monitoring technology stack and the BNY Mellon technology landscape as a whole.
- Ability to contribute to thought leadership, having input into prioritization, strategic planning, and requirements definition.
- Ability to stay up on the latest trends and technologies in the enterprise monitoring space.
- Ability to solicit feedback from consumers of our Monitoring capability to understand the things we do well, the things we need to improve on, and ensure consumers feel that their feedback and input is valued.
- Experience providing demonstrations and teach-ins to the development community to help drive awareness of the tools and services offering by our Monitoring capability.
- Ability to develop focused training materials, documentation, and media to allow us to educate the broader organization in a scalable, time-effective way.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1802571