BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist Project/Program Manager - Technology Monitoring
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate clearly and effectively to both business partners and technical partners.
- Work with technical teams to develop planning artifacts (epics/stories/project plans) that are of sufficient detail to be able to establish formal commitment to deliverables without imposing unnecessary overhead on technical teams.
- Gain an understanding of technical concepts and projects at a sufficient level that allows to be able to provide articulate, succinct status updates to senior managers.
- Be more than just a project administrator, and actually gain enough of an understanding to know how the pieces fit together, and how they bring value to the business.
- Contribute to developing a streamlined project tracking methodology that allows day to day work to be tracked and fed directly into higher level executive status updates to avoid repeating the same information for different audiences manually.
- Trust and follow the software development process as much as possible, however also respect and understand when changes in prioritization and business conditions require the team to be able to pivot quickly and alter plans; Leverage process, but don’t let it define you and the organization.
Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. May allocate/coordinate work within projects. Manages and oversees end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the work structure. Assists in developing detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Contributes to vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Willingness to be hands on and learn about new technologies and tools is required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related project management experience is required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in an Application Development role is a plus.
- Experience in the Technology Monitoring space (as either a service provider or consumer) is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45135
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1802572