BNY Mellon Careers
Compliance Advisory Manager - Dublin
Synopsis of Role
The post-holder is a member of the Compliance and Ethics function in Ireland, supporting the activities of BNY Mellon Markets Europe Limited (“BNYMEL”). The role reports directly to the Country Compliance Officer (PCF12) and Head of EMEA Markets and Treasury Compliance. The post-holder independently contributes to the compliance efforts of multiple assigned business units. Responsible for assisting the business units to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements. In partnership with business unit managers, responds to and develops compliance reporting. Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made.
- Analyses existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements. May assign analysis activities to more junior professionals.
- Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analyses control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations Validates the appropriateness of control processes or guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements. May provide guidance to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies.
- Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favourable conditions for compliance activities. Uses strong partnerships with managers in the assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
- Contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- Helps prepare risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps.
- May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively.
- Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management.
- Provide accurate and timely technical advice to business/business partner colleagues on regulatory compliance issues.
- Proactively represent Compliance in all business change activity to ensure that any changes to operating models are fully assessed from a regulatory perspective. In this regard, the job holder must ensure that BNYMEL meets regulatory expectations and any regulatory concerns are fully identified, escalated and mitigated.
- Co-ordinating regulatory change impacting BNYMEL, ensuring that all relevant regulatory material are regularly reviewed, analysed for their impact, and communicated appropriately. All such data will also be tracked and maintained on a database.
- Providing support on projects involving BNYMEL where regulatory change requires focused attention from the business to ensure that all regulatory change is fully understood, and that operational procedures and controls are compliant.
- To support the reporting of significant matters concerning regulatory risk to the Board and any Committees within BNYM as appropriate, and presenting to clients as and when required. This involves the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Represent Compliance at all incident meetings to ensure that all regulatory implications are fully considered and understood by the relevant entities. This will include assessing / determining issues and breaches, assessing reportable events from a regulatory and Group perspective, and working with the business to ensure that remedial action takes place.
- Represent Compliance at meetings with external clients in relation to issues arising, new business, or regulatory change, as required.
- To assist in the oversight of any and all outsourcing activities, providing guidance on relevant regulations, support and management of regulatory interaction on the matter
- To lead and support the Firm’s response to any regulatory queries, ensuring all relevant stakeholder replies are included as appropriate, in a professional and prompt manner
- Participate in and/or lead the delivery of Compliance-related training to business line/business partner colleagues.
Key role requirements
- Diploma or higher in Compliance, legal or business studies
- Ability to work in calm, professional manner in an environment of change and under pressure
- Significant experience within a Compliance role in a MiFID Financial Institution, preferably at a senior level
- Strong Analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Proven sound judgment
- Able to take on and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Experience of working in a global firm an advantage
- The jobholder of this role is deemed to be performing a Pre-Approval Controlled Function (“PCF”) as defined in the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 and the job holder is required to meet and maintain the Standards of Fitness and Probity outlined in the code issued by the Central Bank of Ireland pursuant to section 50 of the Act.
- Report to BNYMEL Operating Committee, BNYMEL Board of Directors, and any other relevant governance forum.
Generic Staff Responsibilities
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Country Compliance Officer, and/or the Head of EMEA Markets and Treasury Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 85166
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1802600