BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Fund Accounting - Technology Principal Project/Program Manager
GFA Technology Principal Project/Program Manager
Global Fund Accounting (GFA) Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing Global Fund Accounting business. BNY Mellon is one of the world’s largest Fund Accountants. GFA has been undergoing a period of operational transformation and is now bringing to market a number of new digital capabilities utilizing it NEXEN digital ecosystem.
The role of role GFA Technology Program Manager will be pivotal in bringing these new optimization and digital capabilities to market globally and on-boarding the new business that is being generated. This is a high profile senior role in a highly ambitious and motivated global team of technology professionals.
The job holder will manage the planning, organizing and implementation of large complex strategic programs (highly visible initiatives crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations). S/he is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related projects and, in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective. S/he works with constituent Project Managers (who are responsible to the Program Manager for the execution of their project and its impact on the program) to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations, while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program. S/he is responsible for determining and coordinating the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program. S/he is responsible for stakeholder management, particularly stakeholders external to the organization. S/he facilitates steering committees and regular program team status meetings and all other communications. All team members within the program take direction from the Program Manager for the duration of the project. The Program Manager is accountable for the overall management and delivery of the program on behalf of business, operations and Technology.
- Responsible for the delivery of business value and benefits of the portfolio of projects.
- Coordination of, and communication to, business and technical project sponsors and all interested parties.
- Coordination and tracking of all Technology deliverables and dependencies for the in-scope projects.
- Implement and maintain a technology execution portfolio roadmap and summary status updates,
- Capital planning and project budget tracking of all in-scope projects.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities.
- Implement and track change, risk, issues and resource management processes.
- Track all technology builds against plan, reporting progress and ensuring build teams remain on schedule.
- Assess, negotiate and report RAG ratings, agree Road to Green and track associated tasks.
- Trade on-boarding of incremental resources and ensure the accurate booking of time in the time recording system to ensure correct level of Capitalization.
Leads and provides innovative direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities of highly complex projects involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization. Owns formal definition, documentation, and communication of overall program scope and objectives. Manages all changes to the scope and requirements through a formally defined change control process. Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have leadership responsibility for Program Team members. Acts as the primary interface between technology infrastructure and a specific business/functional area. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of Project/Program Management objectives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial
- 12 + years of project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting, Middle Office or Asset Servicing.
- Knowledge of on-board / in-transfer of outsourced business
- Knowledge of both FIS InvestOne or Eagle accounting platforms strongly preferred
- Experience of on-boarding of financial institutions onto a target platform within Investment Services industry.
- Experience of overseeing major (>$5m and or >50 tech staff) technology transformation initiatives.
- Experience of managing multiple (>10) projects as part of a program of work.
- Experience of Waterfall (PRINCE or PPM) and Agile or Lean.
- Experience of managing geographically remote teams including India and US.
- Experience of managing multiple geographically dispersed scrum teams.
- Experienced in the use of Jira, Confluence, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs.
- Good communications and conflict management skills.
- Proven track record of successful large scale technology program execution.
- Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture.
- Job holder must have extensive experience with managing client expectations and communicating effectively with senior management and executive management. Prior experience managing strategic and/or cross-organizational projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects or programs required.
- Must have experience coordinating work across multiple disciplines or organizations and be adept at building consensus across organizational and functional lines. Master level experience and understanding of system development methodologies.
- Experience managing vendors and contracts as components of a program.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802691