BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Head of EMEA Asset Servicing Portfolio Management
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
A Senior Programme / Project / Portfolio Manager will oversee the major programmes of change across EMEA Asset Servicing Technology, ensuring consistency of working practice across multiple business lines and geography.
The candidate will work closely with the Head of EMEA Asset Servicing Technology and The Regional Management Heads to drive through cultural and process change, introducing consistent rolled up reporting and metrics across the region – detecting across programme complexity and ensuring that collisions are anticipated and planned for. They will oversee adherence to scope, budget and rigorous change control keeping programmes to time and budget.
The role will also oversee client and deal related activity to ensure it is thoughtfully and consistently managed.
The role will have exposure to regional and global executive management and requires a candidate with strong written, presentation and oral communications skills with extensive experience of networking at the C level in a Global Asset Servicing organisation.
A strong candidate will have broad technical, business, client and management experience that they can leverage in a fast moving and dynamic environment to lead in any circumstance. A can do attitude is essential.
Experience of heading Transformation Programmes or Industry wide initiatives must be evident.
• Individual Contributor reporting directly to the EMEA Head of Asset Servicing Technology
• 75% Portfolio Manager – oversee entire book of work for major programmes across Asset Servicing Technology in EMEA – this involves holding multiple participants to account
• Develop and maintain organisation wide Management Information on programmes and tracking, resource utilisation – responsible for defining what good practice looks like and measuring it
• 20% Personally manage 2-3 programmes across Asset Servicing Technology EMEA
• 5% client / deal management across deals spanning multiple products across Asset Servicing Technology EMEA
• Has personally delivered major programmes – industry initiatives, client on-boarding, street-wide / market initiatives
• Outstanding communicator – verbal, written, presentation materials must be of the highest standard
• Able to work independently and exert own authority
• Must be situation adaptable – read the situation / room and respond independently
• Deep, wide technical knowledge – must be able to challenge and drive technical issues
• Experience of working with audit, compliance and liaising with regulators
• Executive ‘C’ level experience for steering committees, presentations and issue management
• A must do / can do attitude is essential
• Extensive project management experience required; experience with technology and financial services industry is a mandatory
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience are desirable as is Project Management Professional (PMP/Prince2) certification
• Must be able to say no, but not take no for an answer
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, dynamic, creative and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60190
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802729