BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Information Security Analyst (Forensics)
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Forensic Senior Investigator role supports the Information Security Manager driving the strategic forensic response program within ISD while providing guidance to the Information Risk Analysts and stakeholders within the business units which s/he supports. S/he must demonstrate proven forensic skills and be the point of contact and subject matter expert for forensic investigations across all business and business partners. While overseeing the design and implementation of the forensic infrastructure and develop and maintain a 3-5 year plan for expansion and growth. The Senior Investigator will provide recommendations and provide roadmaps for service offerings and tool selections and champion the development and implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs), with management oversight. S/he will provide oversight and monitoring functions to ensure compliance with all internal and external audits and reviews and manage relationships with external vendors and service providers. S/he will lead the Forensic Investigators in conducting expert level forensic investigations in support of Corporate Security, Legal and HR related events. The Forensic Senior Investigator must be able to work across global regions and communicate security and information risk matters effectively to their senior management. The Forensic Senior Investigator reports to ISD manager within their department.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the forensic infrastructure and develop and maintain 3-5 year plan for expansion and growth. Make recommendations and provide roadmaps for service offerings and tool selections. Champion the development and implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs), with management oversight.
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for forensic investigations across all business and business partners.
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for forensic investigations across all business and business partners. Serve in leadership role in interfacing with business units.
- Provide oversight and monitoring functions to ensure compliance with all internal and external audits and reviews
- Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers
- Provide expert witness testimony in court proceedings as required and/or review detailed and comprehensive investigative reports that may be utilized for criminal/civil litigation. Spearhead the development of customized reporting
- S/he should have solid MS Office skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills with stakeholder management experience
- S/he should have the ability to facilitate requirements gathering and be able to communicate risk mitigation strategies, and track remediation. Understanding of Industry Best Practices in forensic investigations as well as working knowledge (i.e., NIST, ISO, CoBIT, OWASP, ITIL) is required.
- S/he must possess technical writing skills. Related experience in technology Information Security, and Information risk or another related business area is required.
- S/he must possess an excellent knowledge of security systems and be able to enforce and communicate related policies, procedures and guidelines. Certification as a Forensic Investigator and knowledge of mobile device forensic products (e.g. Cellebrite, MPE) with advanced knowledge of Files systems and the
- Windows registry is required.
- Project and/or Program Management experience is preferred, to support e.g. maintaining and updating product road maps. Staff development & talent management experience is required.
- Candidate must have strong judgment and excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills as well as advanced technical skills. The ability to apply subject matter expertise to address information risk vulnerabilities within the areas supported
- S/he is recognized within their team as a point of contact and a subject matter expert (SME) for information risk matters related to forensic investigation. S/he must be comfortable interacting with staff from across the organization, as well as senior and executive level management S/he must be comfortable interacting with team members, Senior Business and IT Management. The role may include: analysis and facilitation of business/technical requirements for information risk or information security technical implementations/maintenance, project management, including presenting results, and execution of metrics/reporting initiatives. The ability to develop and design good project documentation and presentation is required.
- S/he must have strong oral and written communication skills and be comfortable working in dynamic environments that are deadline- oriented. The individual will be interacting with team members and internal clients. Excellent influencer, collaborator, and people motivator. Job holder must be well-organized; solutions oriented and have strong process management skills. Liaison work with other business unit, operations, technology, legal and compliance staff may be required. Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast –paced, deadline driven and global environment. S/he must provide liaison support in their field of expertise in relation to forensic matters and appropriately represent their group regarding policies and standards to senior management,. Legal, HR, Corporate Security and Compliance. S/he must have the ability to translate technical issues into business terms, leverage risk control techniques to achieve business objectives.
Preferred forensic certifications include:
- EnCE (EnCase/Opentext – EnCase Certified Examiner))
- ACE (AccessData – AccessData Certified Examiner)
- CFCE (IACIS - Certified Forensic Computer Examiner)
- CHFI (EC-Council – Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator)
- GCFA (SANS – GIAC Computer Forensic Analyst)
- GCFE (SANS – GIAC Computer Forensic Examiner)
- GREM (SANS – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware)
- GASF (Sans – GIAC Advanced Smartphone Forensics
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60183
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1802775