BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Newton, Business Strategy Analyst
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £54bn (as at 31 December 2017) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
- To lead the Business Strategy team’s efforts in the production, enhancement and analysis of management information for strategic decisions and projects.
- To manage projects related to Newton’s Business Strategy initiatives.
- As a priority, provide data, analysis and advice regarding business strategy team initiatives – specifically from the Strategy Group.
- Manage Commercial and Strategy Group led projects.
- Competitor analysis as required for retaining clients, pitches and product developments.
- Coordination of MI pack for quarterly Commercial oversight meeting.
- Oversight of data management and information requests from the business.
- Maintain close liaison with Finance and other shared services.
- Follow market trends, competitors and changes to rules and regulations which may have an impact on the business strategy.
- Articulate and communicate ideas to colleagues, in both verbal and written form, and cultivate new methods of analysing business data.
- Strategy group – The team’s priority will be to support this group which is chaired by the CEO. The group’s objective is to shape and deliver strategic change after identifying key growth and retention opportunities. Each work stream will have an associated working group where project management and analytical support will be required.
- Strategic projects – Lead/support key projects arising from the strategy group or other senior management initiatives. Current examples include the LGPS pooling and the Life Company retention efforts.
- Competitor analysis – Market and competitor analysis in support of Newton’s direct sales and retention efforts and for oversight of Newton’s Partnered Distribution efforts with BNY Mellon. Analysis also used as a key input for the product development process.
- Management Information - Provision of management information for Commercial team, Strategy Group, Executive Committee and NIM Board when required. Ad –hoc reports as required of Newton and wider BNYM Group.
- Planning – Provide guidance and data to set and monitor targets for annual financial planning from a new business perspective (all channels).
- Pricing & Business Acceptance - Leadership on fee negotiations, coordinates negotiations on new business acceptance (internally and externally), and assesses the suitability and appropriateness of business opportunities incorporating a longer term view where necessary.
QualificationsRequired System Knowledge:
- Expert Microsoft Excel user
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51589
Requisition Number: 1802803