BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Product Management
Collateral Management & Segregation’s comprehensive offering helps clients segregate, optimize, finance and "transform" collateral in support of their financial strategies. Institutional investors and intermediaries look to us for the global expertise, clarity and operational support they need to navigate an environment of sweeping regulatory change.
Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services clients need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs.
The Business Project Manager’s (BPM) primary role is to act on behalf of the business on (technology/product) development projects, reviewing and signing off project documentation, providing business/user input into business and functional requirements and follow up until implementation.
Projects will focus on the development and implementation of a continuous improvement strategy including process improvements, productivity enhancements, cost reduction and efficiency gains as well as new products and services, industry initiatives and regulatory changes.
The BPM will be responsible for ensuring that he/she gives the appropriate business input so as to ensure the deliverables meet the business requirements for the assigned function.
The BPM will report to the Service Delivery Manager of the Business Project Management Team. He/she will have the ability to undertake any role for any type of project as defined.
The BPM will also have relationships with groups outside of the functional areas, namely, Business Program Services, Technology groups, Client Change Management, Clients, Product, Credit, Risk and Compliance.
The function offers the candidate to enhance project management skills, to have exposure towards various stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project, internal training and job shadowing capabilities to increase global acumen and invest in the development of your skills.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify potential efficiencies and enhancements.
- Gather, analyse and document information for new Business Requirements in support to GCM activities.
- Participate in Business Requirements modelling with Product Management, Business, Regulatory and Technology experts.
- Participate in the writing of Functional Specifications with Business and Technology experts.
- Review Business and Functional Requirements.
- Prepare and coordinate the project implementation and operational readiness.
- Assist with non-standard service support requests.
- Subject matter expert for new processes, products and services.
- Facilitate communication between users and Technology experts.
- Dedicated contact for infrastructural changes.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Master's Degree and Project certification/experience are desirable.
- Minimum 3 years broker dealer, collateral, securities industry related experience.
- Team Player: collaborate with colleagues
- Self-driven, capable of working independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate a strong customer focus and customer orientation.
- Global acumen and good knowledge of the Company’s principal custody and collateral management systems.
- Strong learning skills and capable of finding creative solutions.
- Risk minded, able to develop risk management skills as experience and understanding of the collateral management business develops.
- Excellent project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a large number of complex responsibilities accurately.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MyShare and technical operating systems.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 70238
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1802927