BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Front-End Developer (Java, Angular 5)
The Alternate Investment Services – Client-Portal Technology group is a collaborative development team with the goal of delivering a uniform, responsive user experience to clients. We are actively working on designing and implementing a digital strategy to allow our clients to access data & documents via multiple delivery channels. We embrace Agile methodology and Open Source technologies.
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has a passion for their craft and seeking to get the job done right for the best outcome for our clients. You will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Requirements Analysis
- Application design and implementation
- Automated testing
- Application deployment
- Second/Third level support of applications
- Hands on experience of 8+ years on J2EE, RESTful Services and front-end technologies is required
- Expert with agile development process and project management tools like Jira or Trello
- Experience building apps, micro-services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks such as Spring, Junit, is required
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, MQ and JMS) is a plus
- Experience with build and CI tools such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins
- Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies and cloud based technologies like Docker, Containers, AWS is a plus
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) and understanding of NoSQL databases (Postgres, Vertica)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Proven ability to write automated unit and integration tests for front-end and back-end code
- Education - Computer Science or Engineering Degree (B.S or M.S) from a major U.S. or International university is required
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1802957