BNY Mellon Careers
Analyst, Fund/Client Accounting
This team’s primary focus is to work in partnership with our clients and be responsible for the production of daily & monthly valuations and the provision of the complete and independent investment reporting package, in accordance with service agreements, internal policies and legal / regulatory requirements.
We service a range of clients which include Corporate Pension Funds, Government Pension Funds, Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, and Investment Managers.
These clients invest in the full range of financial instruments that include Equities, Bonds, Forward and Spot FX, Derivatives and Money Market instruments amongst others.The role of an Analyst is to audit a range of investment portfolios, on both a daily & monthly basis. This entails the validation of positions, prices, income and transactions between the records of BNY Mellon and Investment Managers of the Bank’s clients. The Analyst will play an active team playing role sharing the collective responsibility to ensure all team deadlines are completed accurately and within deadlines. They will receive and effectively respond to queries and issues from external and internal customers and will work with their Manager to assist with the training of Intermediate Representatives within the accounting team as well as assisting other department members where applicable. In certain circumstances they may be required to participate in ad hoc projects as instructed by their Manager.
An Analyst will set, demonstrate and ensure adherence to departmental processes so that the required standards of excellence are maintained and improved within the department.
- Complete all relevant daily, weekly & monthly assigned tasks to ensure that all client SLA’s are achieved in-line with agreed deadlines and expected standards, to include providing technical assistance and support to more junior staff.
- Provide frequent and consistent communication updates, ensuring that any potential internal or external service level breaches are escalated.
- Identify and develop improved working practices to increase efficiency and mitigate risk with a key focus on root cause analysis to reduce operational queries
- Assist to maintain a high level of morale within the team and department by displaying a positive, productive and professional work ethic.
- Open strong communication links with other operational areas and key service providers to establish standardisation in working practices whenever possible.
- All mandatory training to be completed by the stipulated deadline.
- Ensure that Client expectations are fully managed and either met or exceeded in relation to resolution of queries.
- Ensure business practices and controls are understood for all clients including those that deviate from the standard service offering.
- Develop own knowledge, to include the financial products used by our clients, operational procedures within the department and those of our internal stakeholders and current market developments.
- Financial industry knowledge preferred but not essential. Experience in institutional accounting processes advantageous, particularly knowledge of Institutional Accounting System (IAS) on a daily or monthly valuation basis.
- Attention to detail, good organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise in order to meet stringent demands.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with clients and team members.
- Excellent technical and numerical skills, with accurate data manipulation, analysis & checking of work.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilising advanced functions would be desirable.
- Quick to develop new skills and a pro-active approach to learning and training
- Have a flexible attitude responding to the varying demands experienced in a financial services environment.
- Annual Holiday – 25 Days, plus bank holidays and the ability to purchase a further 5 days
- Pension – 12% employer contribution
- Life Assurance, Income protection and Medical Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health screening
- Season ticket loans
- Recognition and service awards
- 2 volunteering days per annum
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70510
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1802986