BNY Mellon Careers
Desktop Support - Infrastrct Operations Analyst
Project Mission: Digital Onsite Services (DOS) provides local desk side support to over 62,000 workstations at 193 locations in 37 counties/territories.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Ability to lead a small to mid-size team.
- Work with management to ensure accurate and timely completion of all projects and break/fix items.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of desktop hardware and software issues.
- Hardware and software installs along with move, add and change activities.
- Follows established support process, escalation processes and incident tracking guidelines.
- Work with other technology teams to ensure problem resolution.
Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Resolves reports of various infrastructure problems dealing with the mainframe, mid-range, distributed, web, and PC environments. Works with users and management to install infrastructure software to establish and maintain the integrity of the software products life cycle. Assists with implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Performs environment health checks as per the procedures and request provisioning. Assists in coordinating changes to software configurations. Designs, codes, and implements infrastructure software. Assists management and users with basic hardware and software needs when recommendations are made for upgrades or new purchases. Assists more senior members of the middleware team with the installation, configuration and development of middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Aids the middleware team in providing on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 0-1 years of experience required, related internship experience is a plus.
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving. Ability to use these skills to assure our user community is provided with swift resolutions to their technical needs.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Must be able to travel. Flexible with your schedule.
- Experience with mobile devices includes: BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, iPad and Surface Pro’s.
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and exposure to the various Macintosh Operating Systems.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45054
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803041