BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Network Management
- Leads Network Management team resolving the most complex issues regarding the selection and management of custodian banks and subcustodian banks. May resolve atypical issues or escalate to management as appropriate. May lead staff on specific projects.
- Leads teams in market intelligence gathering, ensures best practices are followed during due diligence process, and coordinates with Global Network Management teams to promote the alignment of corporate and function business plans. Leads team members in resolving complex operational and technical issues regarding custodian banks.
- Ensures that proper policies, procedures, and best practices are followed during the due diligence, selection, and monitoring process.
- Applies advanced problem solving skills, judgement, and extensive experience to analyze information.
- Uses masterful communication skills to deliver high quality reports to clients and supports junior Network Managers.
- Develops and ensures adherence to best practices during the custodian and sub-custodian bank selection process.
- Ensures that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met and proper fail-safes are in place to identify issues that might arise.
- Oversees the process of reporting market intelligence to clients.
- Resolves the most complex or non-routine issues that arise from custodian banks and sub-custodian banks.
- Leads resolution of issues escalated by more junior team members.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements to ensure adequate controls are in place at custody banks and provides custody banks and sub-custody banks with guidance in order to prevent potential issues from arising. De-facto expert for the business regarding security services.
- Provides input to custody banks and sub-custody banks along with BNYM teams developing security products. Works with senior management to ensure functional and corporate business plans are aligned.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members. May assign work to more junior team members.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 7-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Banking industry experience in risk, compliance, and client engagement preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 70557
Organization: Network Management-HR08805
Requisition Number: 1803066