BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Accountant/Financial Controller
- This individual will upkeep complex accounting processes required to transform data into information for the above reporting purposes.
- This individual is a key resource to sustaining the integrity of the accounting processes that s/he is responsible for supporting and will play an important role in addressing complex Int’l Money Mgmt System (IMMS) and accounting matters associated with the design, build, and implementation activities required to develop common end-state financial and accounting processes in support of their direct supervisor and the global process owners End to End (E2E), Functional Process Owners (FPOs), and Discrete Process Owners (DPOs).
- The individual will utilize their accounting proficiency in exception management and continuous improvement activities.
- S/he will be familiar with the process standards established globally, regionally and locally and incorporate these standards in his/her day to day work effort.
- The Project Accountant/Financial Controller will develop and /or coordinate the delivery of process documentation, training content, and super user feedback for special projects and continuous improvement work efforts.
- S/he will support the day to day capture of performance metrics at the functional, team and individual level.
- S/he will act as a coach and mentor to less experienced team members to perform effectively in their role.
- S/he may take part in rotating assignments within the regional or global service center which cross accounting functions associated with lines of business, legal entities and geographies to deepen their already strong understanding of the various BNYM lines of business, and the unique attributes of the legal entity, regulatory, and in-country requirements.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Accounting concentration preferred. MBA or CPA/CA/local area equivalent certification preferred. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred; knowledge of GAAP and accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques preferred. Experience designing financial models and accounting processes preferred. Lead Project experience preferably in a complex global accounting environment. Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes and explain accounting treatment, utilizing excellent English language skills. PeopleSoft or other enterprise systems experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85085
Requisition Number: 1803079