BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr.Spec Sys Eng./Prgmmer
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient.Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Design and implement Identity and Access Management solution – Knowledge of CA PUPM, HiPAM, JumpHost Model advantageous
• Create detailed documentation
• Apply UNIX/Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host
• Install and harden Linux operating systems for applying security and recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis
• Identify problems, isolate root causes, and initiate corrective action to restore and activate services
• Technical implementation to support access and monitoring controls
• Develop standard operating procedures and design guides which outline implementation of the access management technologies
• Identify and resolve performance issues – e.g. outage, latency, failed connection attempts, and drop connections
• Proactively conduct long term planning to ensure long lead performance solutions are tracked and included in infrastructure upgrades/redesigns, and ensure performance maintains consistency with changing requirements and needs of the business
• Support performance testing, maintenance window monitoring and drive testing
• Additional responsibilities include basic project management and the ability to interface and provide liaison support to technical and security teams
• Knowledge of security/Cybersecurity practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural and engineering requirements as well as threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
• Senior engineer level understanding of Unix/Linux Operating Systems: Red Hat, Solaris, CentOS
• Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, scripting tools
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills with experience presenting authoritative technical material to a large audience of engineering and management
• Commitment to excellence, demonstrating company values and policies, initiating action, accepting responsibility for results, and making quality decisions
• Superior organizational time management, prioritization and project planning skills
• Bachelor’s degree or 8 plus years of work experience
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience
• Certifications in the following environments advantageous: Unix, Linux, Security – CISSP
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803084