BNY Mellon Careers
Platform Developer - App Engine
Technology Services Group's Application Engine is a strategic platform and container as a service that schedules and runs containerized and non-containerized applications on Linux and Windows across our data centers. Our bank's systems power nearly a quarter of the global economy and our application runtime engine will power our private cloud and enable transparent usage of public clouds.
Because we are diverse, we want a range of skillsets - from developer to Linux and reliability engineer. We are looking for engineers and leaders who are are passionate about this space and want to work in a highly collaborative and technical environment using innovative tooling and technologies and with a team that has years of experience building and operating mission critical systems.
On this team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with and become an expert on Docker, Linux and Application orchestrators - such as Nomad, Mesos and K8s.
- Research, design, and implement software components powering our cloud platform.
- Develop features in an agile environment where we quickly prototype and iterate on functionality.
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems code-base.
- Work extensively with open source software. You may even modify or extend code maintained as part of an open source project.
- Deploy and scale critical services and features that are used by thousands of developers and potentially impact millions of end users.
- Employ both Object Orientated development skills and Systems Engineering skills.
- Use forward thinking tools such as Terraform, Salt and Puppet, to automate on Linux and Windows.
You will be responsible for designing and developing platform services and integrations with tooling. This means you will be expected to:
- Research, test and integrate new components and services into the platform.
- Write well designed and testable code.
- Help engineer and improve our sdlc and build lifecycle.
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Work collaboratively with a team across 3 regions.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience building and operating critical production systems.
- Solid understanding of modern API design and RESTful principles.
- Proficient with shell scripting and automation tools.
- Fluent with GIT (preferred) or other SCM system.
- Experience in software development design and implementation of large scale distributed systems and web services building complex software that is testable and designed for extensibility.
- Grasp of software engineering skills in modular design, data structures, algorithms.
- Good understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining critical applications in a cloud based environment.
- Experience with Mongo or an SQL Database.
- Experience developing is asynchronous and event driven systems.
- Deep expertise with the architecture and implementation of PaaS software.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with Docker on Linux or Windows with knowledge of image formats, image registries, and container concepts.
- Experience with automation / configuration management tools like Salt, Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into cloud based systems.
- Deep Experience with SDLC and Agile Development tools (Jenkins / Teamcity, Artifactory, Maven, JIRA, Confluence).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR16451
Requisition Number: 1803122