BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - Microsoft Exchange and Veritas Enterprise Vault
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This next generation infrastructure needs to be tied to building several internal SaaS offerings such as Fax as a service, reporting as a service, file transfer as service etc. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
Technology Platforms Electronic Communications team provides electronic-mail and unified communications solutions for the global corporate environment supporting 60,000 people and 15,000 mobile devices.
TSG Electronic Communications is currently seeking a candidate that can assess and deliver the standards, tools, processes, monitoring, compliance and reporting to support our efforts in Real Time Communications. The candidate will focus on architecture, design and implement of the next generation of internal and external Real Time Communications systems including Symphony, Microsoft Skype and Teams. This position requires the candidate to have a solid technical grounding to develop support processes and procedures around evolving and emerging technologies and vendors. The position works closely with engineering peers in Technology supporting Microsoft Exchange and Veritas Enterprise Vault compliance systems.
- Design and implement next generation Real Time Communications systems and APIs
- Design/implement automation processes and tools for managing an these systems/products in a large enterprise environment
- Evaluate new versions/service packs for existing deployments and create packages and procedures for upgrade installation
- Design/implement in-depth data integration and reporting capabilities for to measure product usage
- Create and document implementation/support procedures/automation for new deployments
- Evaluation of emerging technologies (on premise and cloud hosted)
- Deployment of Proof-of-Concept environments for new technology
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues for production environment
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience designing, implementing and supporting Skype or Symphony is preferred.
- Four to six (4-6) years of experience implementing applications in an enterprise Linux environment is preferred.
- Four to six (4-6) years of experience implementing applications in an enterprise Windows Server environment is preferred.
- Three or more years (3+) years of experience using Powershell, Perl, python or other shell scripting languages to solve automation problem in Linux and windows.
- Thorough understanding of information security concepts and how they apply to electronic communications (Encryption, proxy, firewalls, authentication).
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and Real time communications protocols.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803215