BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - Electronic Communications
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This next generation infrastructure needs to be tied to building several internal SaaS offerings such as Fax as a service, reporting as a service, file transfer as service etc. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
The TSG Electronic Communications team provides electronic-mail and unified communications solutions for the global corporate environment supporting 60,000 people and 15,000 mobile devices.
We are currently seeking a candidate that can assess and deliver the standards, tools, processes, monitoring, compliance and reporting to support our efforts in Email and SMTP Communications. The candidate will focus on engineering and implementation of the next generation of internal and external SMTP gateway systems and security protocols. The position works closely with engineering peers in Technology supporting Microsoft Exchange and Veritas Enterprise Vault compliance systems.
Key Responsibilities to Include:
- Engineer next generation electronic mail systems and API’s.
- Implement security technologies-related to SMTP email (DMARC, DKIM, SPF).
- Build and implement automation processes and tools for managing an SMTP backbone in a large enterprise environment.
- Implement in-depth data integration and reporting capabilities for to measure product usage.
- Create and document implementation/support procedures/automation for new deployments.
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues for production environment.
- Test new versions/service packs for existing deployments, and develop implementation procedures and test plans for upgrades.
Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Designs and develops solutions to complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Ensures that all systems, applications, software, and hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Identifies issues and may lead the development of solutions. Works closely with external vendors to provide infrastructure needs. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Strategizes on how to take these needs into account when developing infrastructure. Develops detailed project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the organization's existing infrastructure technology and researches and analyzes trends. Recommends and implements upgrades that enhance its reliability and efficiency. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related experience required.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience designing, implementing and supporting SMTP backbone infrastructure for user and application email is preferred.
- One or more (1+) years of experience implementing and managing DMARC, DKIM, SFP security protocols in an enterprise electronic environment is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of information security concepts and how they apply to electronic communications (Encryption, proxy, firewalls, authentication).
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and SMTP communications protocols.
- 3+ years of experience using Powershell, Perl, python or other scripting languages to solve automation problems.
- Specific knowledge of one or more SMTP gateway products and technologies including Mimecast, Postfix, Proofpoint, Sendmail, Symantec Message Gateway, Symantec .cloud.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45145
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803218