BNY Mellon Careers
Real Estate Technologist, Sr. Specialist Developer
We are looking for Sr. Specialist Developer with background in Real Estate technology, Yardi, to be part of our Alternative Investment Services Technology team. The ideal candidates should have subject matter expertise in Yardi. He/She will work closely with the business and technology stakeholders The position is responsible for the following: (1) Identifying business or customer requirements and information technology alternatives; and (2) Translating requirements into information technology project specifications (3) Develop technical solutions and enhancements using various tools (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, YSL, YSR, PowerBI, etc…). Additional responsibilities include data strategy & validations, reporting, and business analysis.
- Essential Functions:
- Deep understanding of application architecture, design, development, and integration.
- Technical capabilities (such as programming) and Functional capabilities (such as business process knowledge) necessary to bring value to the role.
- Ability to write custom scripts, interfaces, and reports (mostly SQL reporting).
- Evaluates, recommends, and develops business process improvements and enhancements, including developing detailed workflow diagrams and project plans from concept through implementation.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver associated artifacts as needed.
- Serves as the conduit between the internal and external partners and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Assists in executing the data strategy by: (1) Developing and maintaining the global real estate Data Dictionary upon approval from the business leaders (2) Sourcing and storing agreed datapoints by collaborating with the technology teams and business partners.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Identifies, analyzes, tests, and documents information for report development in multiple reporting options.
- Recommends ad hoc analysis and develops custom reports in response to changing business needs.
- Collaborates with business leaders to continue the ongoing reporting process and help to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in , Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 8-10 years’ of industry experience in a software development environment
- 3-5 years in professional financial analysis
- Commercial and Investment Management experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of reporting development and analytical tools (scripted, YSL, YSR, SSRS, Crystal, Custom Analytics, PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy) strongly desired
- Experience in database management, financial analysis, SQL queries, and Custom Analytics reports strongly desired
- Previous experience with Data Warehouse is a plus
- Development experience using SQL, SSRS, SSIS technologies
- Experience with Excel specifically with writing macros is preferred
- Experience interacting with different database management systems. We primarily use SQL Server; Oracle products will be a part of our environment as well in the future.
- Experience in customizing and integrating applications, preferably Real Estate applications, but comparable experience will be considered
- Experience with technical writing and training including the design, development, and delivery is a plus
- Yardi System and Budgeting & Forecasting modules a plus
- Yardi Voyager 7S
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1803222