BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr.Spec Sys Eng./Prgmmer-Cyber Security IVV Unix Analyst
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient.Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of automated solutions that will interact with multiple third party applications
- Gather and analyze control requirements to establish technical as well as functional specifications for validation and verification of ISD solutions.
- The ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture.
- Develops automated mechanisms to ensure control adoption is sustainable
- Develop specific content to implement IVV Use Cases
- Present technical concepts and create technical documentation
- Provide technical support for IVV solutions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define control capability for use cases
- Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor and ensure to automate software systems.
- Assist with preparing evidence or requirements for evidence for delivery to internal audit, external audit, regulatory inquiry.
- Maintain a standard of regular reporting against our stated targets.
Ownership and accountability for technology domain projects and initiatives
- 7-10 years of hands-on Unix operating systems engineering and testing
- 3-5 years of experience in information security
- Strong Operating System (Linux, Windows), network and security fundamentals e.g. understanding of networking protocols & applications (TCP/IP, load balancing, firewalls etc.)
- Ability to work with Databases - SQL queries
- experience with web service technologies and programming languages such as SOAP, REST, Python, Java, C#/.NET, JSON, HTML/XML/XAML, Go, JavaScipt, Ruby etc.
- Experience with software development practices – Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Source Code Management, object oriented design, web development frameworks or software design patterns e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Shell Scripting in Windows or Linux environments
- Knowledge in Robotic Processing Automation
- Knowledge of platform security tools
- Understanding of Device and Access Controls for Windows environments
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP/SSCP or GIAC/GSEC a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1803350