BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Counterparty Risk Modelling
Within the Counterparty Risk Modelling team we are looking for a specialist responsible for model development. The specialist will become a member of an extended team geographically located in Wrocław and New York. The specialist will also be involved in projects related to upgrading and developing pricing tools, producing risk reports, advising on counter party credit risk and engaging in CCAR Stress Testing and other regulatory projects. Responsibilities : • Contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide modelling programs. The models make estimates that represent key inputs to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
• The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that models use methodologies that are theoretically sound, with modelling choices, assumptions and parameters that are well justified and supported.
• The incumbent will participate in various counterparty risk model development stages including defining theoretical frameworks, collecting data needed, supporting assumptions, prototyping, documentation, quality assurance, benchmarking, and post-implementation support.
• The incumbent will be required to collaborate with desk risk managers, model validation, information technology groups, and market data groups.
• This role has no formal supervisory responsibilities. The specialist is primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of their own work.
• A degree in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics.
• Either formal education or work experience in fields of financial engineering and risk management.
• Must have good programming skills in at least one of Python, SQL, or C++. Prefer to have knowledge in other languages like R, Matlab, Java, etc.
• The candidate must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to- understand language.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85357
Requisition Number: 1803604