BNY Mellon Careers
- Developing software needed for resiliency, cybersecurity, and Greenfield projects
- Providing High Availability, resilient, and modern architectural solutions for a high volume, message processing financial application.
- Role is to enhance and support critical functions within a high volume, mission critical message processing application, real time interfaces with internal applications on both mainframe and distributed platforms, static data maintenance and updates.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in complex situations. Represents the application for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Conducts reviews of the test plan and test data.
- May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution.
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Contributes to defining timelines and project plans.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to six (2-6) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology for Software Development (prefer Scrum) is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with complex system integration projects.
- Experience working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Able to articulate complex solutions through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Agile / Scrum
- Test-driven development: Junit, FitNesse
- Java 8
- J2EE / Tomcat
- Spring: MVC, REST, Data, Boot
- JMS / MQ
- Confluence / Jira Agile Tools
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1803778