BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - VMware / Hyper-V/KVM
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon AppEngine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The selected candidate will be a Cloud IaaS DevOps Team Member working on wide Hybrid Cloud environment. He/she will collaboratively work with SME’s from different streams on Solution and Build Engineering of Cloud Infrastructure as a Service. This is an opportunity to learn and develop in Dynamic Provisioning Placement using different orchestration tools integrations. This will be an opportunity to work extensively on Infra Automation Solution using Orchestration and Configuration Management Tools.
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments. VMware / Hyper-V/KVM.
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet (Configuration Management), CodePipeline and Jenkins (Continuous Integration/Development).
- Experience in Infrastructure builds Cisco /HP /Dell Blades/Rackmount Automations.
- Experience on Hyper Converged Infra build using Cisco UCS , Vblocks , HP etc.
- Experience with server OS and storage technologies required; Netapp/Pure Storage/EMC/IBM XIVs.
- Experience in scripting (BASH, PowerShell, Python, ) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef) and tools.
- Ability to contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation.
- Ability to Auto build and integrate infrastructure components using API Calls. Develop API Calls for exposing the capability of Private Cloud to end users.
- Ability to create automation around Capacity Management and dynamic resource management tools.
- Experience of workload migration between different Public Cloud Providers.
- Experience and understanding of SDN/Firewall/Load Balancer/Caching Proxies.
- Experience on different Identity and Authentication technologies (Federated/LDAP/SAML/KeyBased).
- Implementation of Cloud IaaS Automation on high availability environment -any Cloud management product).
- Infrastructure Monitoring & Performance Management tools (HPOV/Tivoli/Solarwinds/OpenSource/ Filer & Block Storage tools).
- Comprehensive understanding of AWS including: AWS/Azure Command Line (CLI), AWS SDK, current AWS product offerings and services, best practices and troubleshooting techniques, and experience providing systems administration and issue resolution for AWS.
- Experience with security and compliance in Cloud.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803847