BNY Mellon Careers
Counsel- Securities & Disclosure
Review, draft and advise on securities and disclosure related matters, particularly
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, prospectuses, registration statements, responses to SEC comment letters, etc.)
- Financial and other communications (including earnings releases, investor presentations, press releases and marketing materials)
- Materiality assessments and disclosure obligations
- Execute and manage capital markets transactions from end-to-end (e.g., management of MTN program, establishment of new securities programs, ongoing indenture compliance, share repurchase programs)
Review, draft and advise on governance matters, particularly:
- Proxy matters and understanding of governance landscape
- Director and Office Independence and conflicts analysis
- Organizational documents (charters, by-laws, governance guidelines etc.)
- Corporate policies, presentations, memoranda and resolutions
- NYSE and Delaware corporate law requirements
- Monitor rulemaking on securities, disclosure and governance matters and assist in implementation of new or amended rules and best practices
- Work with, guide, and manage outside counsel from time to time
- Perform other duties appropriate to the role, or as required or necessary
- Excellent technical expertise in securities law and governance matters
- Strong research and analytical skills and robust written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Takes ownership and is accountable; anticipates issues and works proactively to address them and willing to roll up sleeves for excellent execution
- Able to work independently; exercises good judgment in determining how and when to consult colleagues, clients and management and interacts well with colleagues, clients and management.
- Handles substantial and varied workload and time sensitive situations effectively, balancing competing demands and assessing business priorities
- Discrete and trustworthy with highly confidential and sensitive matters
- Flexible and agile, with the desire to go the extra mile
- Self-awareness and growth mindset and willingness to receive coaching and mentoring
- J.D. degree and licensed to practice in New York and excellent academic credentials
- 3-6 years legal experience in securities and public company matters, including `33 Act, `34 Act, SEC rules, listed company standards, and related considerations
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1803881