BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal Architect, Application Development
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 12+ years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry
- 10+ years’ experience working as a software development manager or in a similar engineering leadership role
- 10+ years’ experience leading the design, architecture, and implementation of critical and globally operated software systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability of design patterns and tools used to build highly resilient and self-healing systems
- Fundamental knowledge and direct experience working with capacity management and load testing tools, techniques, and best practices
- Significant knowledge of modern programming languages, architectural patterns, tools, and techniques (Containers, k8s, Micro services, CQRS, CI/CD, etc.)
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile, fast paced and dynamic environment that employs common methods like Scrum and Kanban
- An ongoing focus on continuous improvement and automation of systems and processes
- Desire and ability to write and review code in common languages (Java, Go, etc.), when needed
- Direct experience implementing and managing chaos engineering systems and practices (Chaos Monkey, Gremlin, etc.)
- Experience automating test and build processes and implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Java 8 or higher, REST based architecture, Spring and related technologies, JMeter
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience with Cloud based systems and Container based deployments
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45331
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1803948